Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wednesday, April 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to me, lol!

I did not allow Mr. Ah Choo to get me up early today. He did meow a bit but then went to lay down on the stairs-good kitty! Once I was up and had the cat fed and started coffee, my brother called. He has the same birthday I do but we are two years apart. How's THAT for timing?! We talked about an hour and a half and had a great talk. I think it's been forever since we've talked that long, just the two of us! I got quite a few happy birthday texts (one at 3:30am from my friend Cris in Denver, lol) and a call from my mom and my sister, Janell.

I met my insurance guy at 10am for coffee and paper signing, then came home and did some cleaning. My friend, Vicki called in the afternoon and we had a long chat-even though she was just here! Jordan is in LA but sent flowers. Aren't they gorgeous?


And, since Jordan was out of town, my friend Michael took me out to dinner at Harrah's Steakhouse. My favorite restaurant! They have that old-fashioned European style service. Many dishes are prepared tableside-like Ceasar Salad and Steak Diane (I ordered both as did Michael). We ordered Grand Marnier Souffles for dessert, but with the souffles, they brought out a birthday "plate" and proceeded to sing happy birthday! Bong, our waiter, has a very nice voice, lol. It was very sweet of them. The birthday plate had a slice of Chocolate Mousse Cake and a slice of Cheesecake and a goblet of fruit topped with whipped cream. I couldn't eat it all, so asked that they wrap it up. Arlen, the maitre'd, gave me a beautiful pink rose (awww). They didn't just give me the desserts, they sent me home with the entire plate and all! I got one picture at the restaurant, the others I took once I got home. Unfortunately, the chocolate mousse fell over during the ride home and the goblet is no longer on the plate, but you get the idea. Here are my pictures-





And now, I'm home, with a full tummy and a cat that is not happy that I have been gone all evening (and didn't feed him before I left!). He'll come round though....

I guess with all this food, I am going to have to put off making a birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment