Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Friday was a day filled with computer work (another project for Jordan, this time with DOE). I did manage to make three mini pies. Two Apple and one straberry. They turned out well, and of course, tasty-the most important part, lol!



I took a trip to Macy's with my sister at about 5:30pm. She needed a few things and asked me to go with her. Only problem with going to the Mall is that you can always find something you either need or want! By the time we came home, Jordan was already home (color me surprised, he's always late!). Dinner was a Grilled Steak Salad. Yum! We are trying to eat a little better (yeah, yeah, the pies are not so good-but they are small!).

Saturday Jordan and I had breakfast with friends of ours at a place called BJ's Wild Hog Cafe. They are mostly known for their BBQ. Who knew they served breakfast? And boy, do they serve breakfast. It is not for the faint of heart. Everything comes with cheesy grits or "house fries" (their form of hash browns). Don't get me wrong, the food was good, just lots of it and high in fat.

The rest of the day was, again, spent working on Jordan's new project. I did manage to watch a bit of a movie, then made a Ham and Pea casserole fo dinner. We still have lots of ham! It turned out ok, kind of bland, though.... If I made it again I would try and doctor it up a bit.

Today I checked on packaging for a baking project for one of my clients. I am trying to wrap up 7-14 mini cupcakes to give as a marketing gift, so off to Michael's I went for a look see. I think I will use a 6 inch cake round for the amount of seven and a 9 inch cake round for 14 mini cupcakes, then wrap them all up in a cellophane bag, put on a ribbon and some other decoration and call it done. I sent a quote off to my client so I guess she'll let me know if the price is right and when she wants them. I'll be making the Mascarpone Mini Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze. They were yummy, if I do say so myself, lol!

Jordan and I took a ride up to Boca, near Truckee, just to get out for a while. What a great day! Kinda warm though, for this time of year. Afterwards we stopped in at Moody's in Truckee for a drink and a snack, although Jordan ended up ordering a pizza. Not so much a snack food, lol. Not bad, but I couldn't decide if I liked their sausage or not....

Lots of talk today about his new project. He is definitely one busy guy. Now he is not so sure he is going out of town this week or not. Guess I'll just roll with the flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment