Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter to all! I wonder how Easter got changed from a religious holiday to a secular holiday, complete with the Easter bunny (a proverbial Santa)?

Today was a lovely day, especially after working 15 hours at my wellness clinic yesterday.

My sister, Janell came over for brunch. I made Raspberry Almond French Toast. I took three croissants and split them in half throug the middle. One one side I spread seedless raspberry jam and on the other side spread whipped cream cheese, then put them back together (kind of like making a sandwich). I soaked them for about 20 minutes in a mixture of 1 cup of milk, three eggs, 4 Tbsp white sugar, 4 Tbsp of Amaretto liquor, an 1/8 tsp salt and a half tsp of cinnamon. After they had soaked, I dipped them in sliced almonds and set them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. i baked them at 325 for about 25-30 minutes. Yummy! I served them sprinkled with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries . I also served a side of bacon-just to balance any sweetness. They were great!

It was otherwise a quiet day. I have a catering job tomorrow and my usual personal chef job on Tuesday. Always like being busy! I started testing recipes by making an Oranged Glazed Ham with Glazed Carrots for Easter dinner, and served those with Scalloped Potatoes. They all work well together.

Jordan leaves in the morning for Boise. He's been a traveling man of late. He'll be back Tuesday evening. Janell and I are talking about going to So Cal to see my sister, Michele and my mom this week. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment