Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The last several days seem a blur, they've gone by so quickly!

Monday i had a doctor's appointment, ran some errands, then went shopping for my client at Whole Foods. I also baked Chocolate Spice Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting and Pecan Tartlets, both for my client (he's my taste tester, lol).

I am also trying to finish up my nursing CEUs and finally managed to finish up all 30 this afternoon. Lots to remember and study in order to take the exams, but I did it! AND renewed my nursing license for another two years.

Tuesday I had more errands (and still doing CEUs at that point), then set off to cook for my client. I must admit, I was not good about pictures this week. I only managed to take one picture Tuesday-the Stuffed Turkey Burgers-


I also made Glam Mac 'n'Cheese. The "glam" part of that is sauteed pancetta and onions and (surprise) Dolcetto or sweet Gorgonzola cheese instead of cheddar or Gruyere cheeses, then topped with bread crumbs. On the docket there was also Chicken Roulade with Asparagus, Rack of Lamb with a Quinoa-Hazelnut Crust, Creamed Spinach, Twice-baked Potatoes, Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken, Easy Ratatuoille, Moussaka, and Asian Salisbury Steaks on a bed of spinach. All good!

Today I was up early to take out the trash-it's trash day and Jordan's gone-then more CEUs. I had more errands, the bank, gas for Jordan's car, bought kitty food, dropped off prescriptions, went to get fingerprinted and got a haircut. What an adventure getting my fingerprints done! This is the first year that the Nevada State Board of Nursing has required nurses who already have a Nevada nursing license. And they are encouraging people to do electronic fingerprinting which is easier for them then going to the police department and getting hard copy prints. It took a long time to get it done. The guy had trouble getting my fingerprints to show up! And, apparently, from what his assistant said, the staff was told nurses are the hardest to fingerprint because we wash our hands so much. Who'd have thought?! Not sure if we wash the prints off and wear them down or if we just have dry hands and that makes it difficult to register. Anyway, it did get done.

I had lunch with my sister after all those errands. We went to BJ's Brewery. Very nice.

I finally finished reading and taking exams for CEUs at about 5pm. I met my friend, Neda, for a glass of wine at Jungle Vino, down on First Street. Always an adventure, going downtown. Poor Neda has been stressed with personality challenges at work so is looking for a new job. I wish her luck! She knows her mind.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I still haven't decided on a cake. A friend of mine suggested making more than one cake-what a novel idea, lol! He says as I am so fond of first breakfast and second breakfast, so why not first birthday and second birthday? And why not? So, will let you know what I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment