Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, April 9, 2012

Jordan left early this morning for Boise. I was up shortly thereafter-Mr Ah Choo was hungry! After breakfast I headed out for more food shopping. I needed a few more things for today and also shopped for tomorrow's cooking day.

The cream cheese frosting for the carrot cake still needed to be done (I had made the cakes on Friday, and put them in the freezer) then the cake frosted-just the middle and top. I like that look, and it's not so much frosting when you decorate the cake that way. I toasted some pecans, chopped them up, then sprinkled them over the top of the cake for decoration.


After lunch, I moved on to baking my bone-in ham, using the orange glaze I made up yesterday. I put together the Scalloped Potatoes, then baked Southern Biscuits. I used Alton Brown's recipe I got off the Food Network website. Talk about light and fluffy! They were quite good if I do say so myself, lol.


I also made asparagus wrapped in bacon, which you can grill or roast in the oven.


Once the ham was done (you throw in baby carrots the last half hour it bakes), I sliced it, then put it in a chaffing dish with the carrots and the orange glaze for serving.


Everything was delivered by 5:30pm. I got a call later from one of the doctors, who was at the meeting (and loved the food), asking me to make the same meal next week for one of his other meetings (minus the bacon wrapped asparagus- "watching the weight, you know"-and the cake and the biscuits). I guess we settled on Orange-glazed Ham with Baby Carrots, Scalloped Potatoes, a salad of some sort and Eton Mess (that suggestion was from Anne, although I don't think they realize that Eton Mess is made up of whipped cream, crushed meringue cookies and strawberries!).

I'll get up tomorrow and do it all over again for different client! Always nice to have work to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment