Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yesterday, with the prediction of poor weather, Vicki and I elected to stay home and do some baking. We made No Knead bread, Apricot Pecan Bran Muffins (from a set of muffin recioes she brought me out of the Houston newspaper) and No Bake Apple Cookies. I also mixed up some homemade yogurt. We had a great time talking about baking techniques and looking at cookbooks (Vicki also loves to bake). We did watch a pay-for-view movie-"The Adventures of Tintin". Good old-fashioned movie, good for families and kids.



We went out to dinner with Jordan to Sardina's. They moved to a new location and just reopened a week ago. They are over by Cafe De Thai. In fact, in the same building. They have a split dining room, four tables downstairs and seven tables upstairs. The kitchen is downstairs so they have to carry everything upstairs-no dumbwaiter (although the owner claimed he was the dumb waiter, lol). The food was only ok, unfortunately. The menu looks very upscale, as does the room, but a lot of the food is the same. Sicilian style Italian (which I actually grew up with). Hope it all works for them!

We got up early this morning to take Vicki to the airport. She left on the 6:55am American flight to Dallas with a plane change going on to Houston. I am sure her husband misses her, but I wish she was staying for a longer period of time or that we lived closer. I will miss having her here.

On the upside, I will pick up Ah Choo today and bring him home (that is, after it stops snowing!?!). Vicki did notice an improvement after he left, so it was good Janell could take him.

Computer work today and brunch at the ElDorado (like I haven't eaten enough with Vicki here, lol). Otherwise a laundry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment