Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mr. Ah Choo felt the need to get me out of bed early this morning. When I didn't get up when he meowed, he started pawing at the blinds, getting up on the bathroom counter and knocking things off. Being a naughty kitty! So, it was easier to just get up and feed him (sigh).

After breakfast, I did some cleaning, then went out to lunch with my friend Ric (ya, ya, Arlington Gardens again). It was nice to get out. I came back home and started doing research on puff pastry recipes. I am thinking of doing a series of palmiers, both sweet and savory and looking for more ideas than I already have. You never know what you will find on the Internet! I also ordered a cookbook called "Puff"- an appropriate name for recipes made with puff pastry!
I also managed to make two nine-inch carrot cakes, which I put in the freezer until Monday when I will use them for a carrot cake for a catering job I have.

Jordan comes home tonight but his plane from Las Vegas was delayed (Southwest is NOT the airline it once was-they are having more and more delays) so who knows when he will be home. I won't be picking him up from the airport. I work at a wellness clinic tomorrow from 5am to 8pm (very long day), so I need all the sleep I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment