Friday, June 25, 2010

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Well, we had our last wine class exam today. Everyone showed up, no one elected to skip out and take a 70% if they were taking the ISG exam. It only took us about 30 minutes to take it, although there are always those who take a longer or shorter period of time.

Afterwards I felt I needed a break so went exploring Cherry Creek Mall. It is a high end shopping center and it was nice just to look and walk around. I met Alta, one of my classmates, for lunch at Kona Grill then came came bak to the B&B.

I helped with some prep work and set up for what I finally learned was a Denver Chamber mixer. I had already made bread pudding. (We added a homemade caramel sauce over the top of it right before serving.) I also took some wonton wrappers and brushed melted butter on both side, sprinkled cinnamon sugar over one side, placed them in a muffin tin sugar side up so they would make little cups, then baked them for about 10 minutes. I let them cool while I sliced strawberries into little "flowers" then piped some mascarpone cheese into them. The strawberry then sits in the cup and is eaten by hand. I got to sit for about one hour then changed Into my chef outfit and didn't sit down again until almost 10pm. The mixer was a hit, everyone loved the food! Carl served a baked Italian omelet, quiche, fresh fruit, a cheese platter, bread and a chorizo roll. Plus two kinds of quick bread: Banana Blueberry Nut loaf and Carrot Raisin loaf. For dessert there was bread pudding and the strawberries. ALL the food was gone by the end of the evening with the exception of the fresh fruit! I met a lot of people and even received an offer to cater more events! Very interesting! We'll see what happens with that!

After talking to Jordan, I fell Into bed exhausticated!

No comments:

Post a Comment