Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday, June 6,2010

After staying up last night to make banana bread for guests this morning, I slept in until 8am this morning. When I went upstairs for coffee, the kitchen was jumping busy! Carl made egg soufflé with chiles, then topped it with guacamole and salsa after it was baked. He made me one- it was very yummy. My banana bread was also a hit! That is encouraging. After clean-up, I went back downstairs to study. I had not been down there long before Bailey called down to say I had a lady visitor. My first thought was, I don't know anyone in Denver, who could it be? It turned out to be Frances, Jan's sister-in-law, calling to see if I wanted to go out for coffee or breakfast or brunch. Of course I said yes! Always up for a new adventure, lol. It was a beautiful, if hot day. Frances took me on a mini-tour of the Highlands after we had a lovely lunch at the Squeaky Bean in the LoHi district (all these little nicknames!). Then we sent to South Pearl Street where it was the first day of their Sunday Farmer's Market. By the time we got their it was almost over but there was quite a variety of things to buy. I will definitely go again another day. Then it was back to Capitol Hill (I DO have a quiz in the morning!).

Thanks to all of you who are reading this and giving me feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment