Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I was up at 5am today! Haven't gotten up that early since leaving SCOR! This morning was my "big" culinary debut. Carl let me cook today. I made Eggs Florentine or Baked Eggs with Spinach- take your pick, lol. It was a huge success! Yeah!

Carl had me go out to each guest and introduce myself, although he introduced me to the first people down for breakfast. He told them I was the featured chef, lol. I said I was the chef d'jour. Everything needs to planned out, timed correctly. Then you also need to check on each guest, make sure everything is ok, ask if they need anything, clean up after them. Believe it or not, actually serving the plates to everyone was the hardest (remember not to dump it into their lap or on the table). Everyone save one person was very happy- turns out she is not a big fan of spinach! Oh, well, she ate the egg off the top, so that's good!

I realize why Carl waits to shower after breakfast--it gets REALLY hot in the kitchen when you are cooking in stages!

Afterwards, Paula, one of the women from my cooking class came over and we went to Capitol Hill People's Fair. They have food vendors, crafts and music. Everyone goes! Poor Paula is still getting used to the altitude so we only stayed a couple of hours. We came back to the B&B and sat on the patio drinking water and had a nice visit. I really do have great people in my cooking class.

I DO need to study this weekend. There is a quiz on Monday!! Read, read, read!

No comments:

Post a Comment