Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Up at 5am to make breakfast. Carl was already up and had made coffee, cut up the fruit and put out the baked goods he bought yesterday. Carl calls them souffles-I call them stratas, but either way, I cubed rosemary bread (from Whole Foods) and tossed the cubes with minced fresh rosemary and diced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, then drizzled some of the oil from the jar of tomatoes over the bread and tossed the cubes again. Then I divided them up between all my ramekins (Carl says it makes a nicer presentation and gives each guest a "fresh" egg dish when you do them in individual ramekins). Then I added a small dollop of fresh goat cheese that had been mixed with a little pesto on top of the bread cubes. After that I whipped eggs (I used 18 for 15 people), milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a bowl and poured some of this mixture into each ramekin. Then I waited to bake them until people started coming down for breakfast. Before serving guests, I sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese and herbs fines over the stratas and then plated them with bacon and a croissant and bought them out to guests as they came out of the oven (425 degrees for 15 minutes). They were a big hit!

I think I am getting a little better at serving. We were really busy between 8:30-9:30am so I helped Bailey bus the tables and wash dishes. Did I mention Carl uses Polish Pottery to serve guests? He has several patterns he mixes and matches and they are beautiful!

Once I had the ramekins ready, I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and we put some of those out on the buffet for breakfast-they DID get eaten, lol.

I also made up a batch of oatmeal muffins with white chocolate chips. Those were great, if I do say so myself. Next I mixed up some "Cowboy Cookie" dough to bake tomorrow. That dough seems to have almost everything in it! Should be good! I also mixed up some bread dough to bake tomorrow. I plan on taking it to school, see what my class thinks. Carl was amazed at how much I was mixing up, lol. I like to bake, says I......

I am having dinner tonight with Kim and Eric, the couple I stayed with when I came to Denver in March. It will be nice to catch up with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment