Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today is a study day-trying to bone up for the ISG exam! I made some cookies-Chocolate Gems but added some cayenne pepper for a little "bite". The cookies went over well both at the B&B and at my study group. I also had to buy a bottle of Pinot Gris to take to the study group for a blind taste test. While I was there, I also bought a bottle of 2007 Chateauneuf de Pape and a bottle of 2007 Cote d'Rhone with the money Dr Lynch gave me back in May. He gave me a card with the money and told me to buy myself a good bottle of wine once I was done with my wine class. So I did!

A bunch of us in class went up to Chris' house in Golden to study for the ISG exam. Chris put out quite a spread! My goodness! It really does pay to hand out with chefs and/or chefs in training, lol! Crab dip, bruschetta, a veggie tray with dip, baked polenta, a torta, guacamole, salsa and chips, a cheese tray, melon and proscuito, and I know a few other things I'm missing! We did do the blind tasting with a variety of wines-we got some right, some wrong. We talked and talked, this really is a good class!

No comments:

Post a Comment