Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Well, I must confess I was expecting the worst when I woke up this morning as the weather forcast said rain, rain, rain over the next five days. I was pleasantly surprised to find the sun shining!! Yay!



It was breakfast on the lanai once again-I don't think I would ever get tired of doing that nor tired of the view. This morning we were greatly entertained by whales jumping out of the water and splashing down. You can barely see them in the middle of the photo. They looked like they were having great fun! Such magnificant creatures. I feel like you see them come up for air and as soon as you get your camera out, they are gone. Ah, well.

Lots of reading again today and working on menus for Gas Lamp dessert and a catering job I have when I get back to Reno. Lunch today was a "Stuffed Sandwich to Go". Simple but it looks impressive when sliced.



The sandwiches are made out of an artisan boule-type bread that is hollowed out so you can layer ham, Swiss cheese, spinach, flavored cream cheese, repeating these layers twice total. Nice flavor as well!

After lunch, it was off to the pool. Maybe I'll get my tan after all, lol. It stayed sunny until about 4pm, then started to cloud up. It never did rain, though, so maybe my last days on Maui will be full of sun and not rain. A girl can hope!

Dinner was Pasta with a cheesey Asiago sauce, a kind of Italian mac'n'cheese. Very yummy! Dessert was a Chocolate Peanut Butter parfait, again improvising and building it in a martini glass. Really rich tasting!



We sat out and watched the sunset-just beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment