Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Well, folks, I was home by midnight Sunday but had trouble sleeping that night. Monday morning, I hit the ground running! I worked as a nurse Monday-had to be there by 7AM. Yikes! It was a busy day so I knew I wouldn't get off early or even on time, for that matter. I did make it through the day, however, and after grocery shopping for my Tuesday catering job, I was able to take it easy. I did sleep well Monday night, lol!

Today I was up at 7am and admit to slacking off for about an hour or so before starting to prepare for my Tuesday catering job. I made Tunisian Vegetable Salsa with Pita Chips, Asian Spiced Chicken in Wonton Cups with Vanilla Apricot Sauce, and Apple & Onion Confit on Crostini. Alas, I did not take any pictures, so cannot post pictures. The meeting I was catering for was called "Get Connected", which is a way for business people to network and meet new people. They asked me to stay, which I did and met some really nice people. The get-together took place at Bosma Business Center, which is a building that houses a number of business that rent anything from a cubicle to a suite of offices. A concept I was unaware of. Time will tell if anything comes of "networking".

I came home and made dessert for another catering job-Rocky Ledge Bars. They have alittle bit of everything in them: chocolate chips, white chocolate, mini marshmallows, toffee bits and chewy caramel! Gotta be good! I will take a picture of those when I cut and plate them tomorrow. After that-Chocolate Oblivian Torte, a dessert I am trying for Valentine's Day at Gas Lamp. Just three ingredients: dark chocolate, butter and eggs. Who'd of thought cake could be that easy?! I will take pictures of that as well tomorrow.

For now, as I write this, I am surrounded by sleeping cats. I think I need to join their ranks and become a sleeping cat as well, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment