Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014

My last day on Maui! The sun came up and there are clear skies. Wouldn't you just know that?! I fly out this afternoon. It has been a very relaxing two weeks, although they certainly have gone past quickly!

Saturday was cloudy most of the day but we went to Kapalua Beach anyway. There were lots of surfers and lots of great waves.



Saturday lunch was leftovers as we had some chicken and roast beef left over and I hate the idea of wasting food. I did cook eggs and bacon for breakfast as I had both left over. I LOVE breakfast!

There is a picture hanging on the wall here that depicts four women sitting together talking or working or both that speaks to me of female camaraderie.



Don't they look like they are having a good time? I am not much into island artwork (with a few exceptions) but I really like this print.

Dinner last night was at Merriman's in Kapalua. The food there is always good although it does get noisy! There is a great view of the ocean from that restaurant as well. Almost all their food is local and fresh, a trend quite a few restaurants are following. That makes sense. Use what you have on hand, cut down on the food miles.

This is my last entry until after I get back to Reno. I will be starting a new routine this week, working at Gas Lamp five days a week, work one day for GIC as a nurse, then fill in the rest of the time with personal chef jobs and catering. I have two catering jobs this week, for which I am thankful. Hopefully I can make all this work physically and financially!



This is part of the hibiscus hedge around the lanai at the condo we are at. Beautiful!

Aloha for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment