Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday, February 7, 2014

Yesterday and today, I woke up to cloudy skies. No rain, just cloudy, which keeps things from heating up too much here.

Although you may think it exotic to travel and be a private chef, The days here are pretty quiet. Breakfast out on the lanai (more Cherry-Chocolate Scones), reading, whale watching, take a walk. Right now there are several guys out on the water who are using some type of kite to move through the water, much like windsurfing. It certainly doesn't look like it's an activity for sissies!

Yesterday a couple of whales (humpbacks) surfacing but no jumping! There is no way to do them justice with an iPhone camera but I did manage to partially capture them surfacing.



Ah, the elusive whale…….

Lunch yesterday was a Ham, Gruyere and Apple Panini (a recipe borrowed from Giada deLaurentis). An easy recipe to follow even if you don't have a panini press (think grilled ham and cheese sandwich).



Dinner was Sunday Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and roasted Peas and Carrots (I know, it's not Sunday but you can eat that any time). It roasts in the oven for about 3 hours which gives it a nice melding of flavors. There are some left overs so those will be for lunch Saturday.



I guess I never did show a picture of the kitchen I am working in. Other than wishing there were newer, better pots and pans, it's a pretty kitchen to work in. The other picture is my view from the kitchen sink. Not bad, aye?



Lunch today was a Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea wrap. And would you believe I forgot to take pictures!!
The filling could just as easily be served as a side dish-it's a spin-off of ratatouille. Yum!

Still cloudy but I think I am going to sit outside anyway. One guy walking by called it a "cloud-burn". Ha, ha. Needless to say, you can still get some color sitting out even when it is cloudy. I am off to the pool.
Dinner will be quick tonight-Pasta Carbonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment