Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, September 24, 2010

I was up by 6:30am this morning so I could do a some more studying. I was at school before 10am which was good because they started our blind taste test (one red, one white) at exactly 10am. We had 20 minutes to figure out which wine was what, then the written exam started. I was a little dismayed at the exam. I finished a little before the time limit was up, but I ended up leaving some blanks because some of the answers I just couldn't remember. I guess I have to remind myself that all I want to do is pass and not worrying about the grade I got! Yikes!

At 1 pm, they cracked open a Jeroboam of champagne and we had a toast to our success. Then sat down to a Southern lunch of fried chicken, defiled eggs, salad with buttermilk dressing, mac&cheese, pickled vegetables of all kinds, buttermilk biscuits with grape jelly (which I had made earlier in the week) and peanut butter pie. Quite interesting! Not quite what you would expect, but good food none the less.
At the end of the meal, we (the students) went around and told everyone how we came to Cook Street as well as one funny story about our time at Cook Street. Everyone had really nice things to say. I'll be posting pictures for you soon!

We left the school to go to the Wrangler, where someone was throwing us a graduation party. How nice was that!? Carl and Bailey came too, my family in Denver, lol. We talked and danced then hugged and cried a little saying goodbye to everyone when we left. Only 8 of us are going to Europe.

Jordan flies out to Denver on Sunday to help me get my car and my "stuff" back to Reno. Myself and several classmates are doing the food for Carl, the owner of the B&B where I have been staying, whonis having a Restoration party on Monday, September 27. The outside restoration of the house is finally done (Capitol Hill Mansion is a historic landmark) and Carl wants to show it off. It will be a good experience for us. Then Jordan and I leave Tuesday morning to return to Reno.

I will not be writing everyday but will continue to log my culinary journies, especially while I am in Europe, so I hope you all will continue reading this blog and sending your comments my way. I'll even have time to share more recipes with you in the days to come! So enjoy and thanks to everyone for their encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment