Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer is half over-where DOES the time go?! Makes me wonder if I appreciate my days enough, they pass so quickly...

Sunday Jordan and I drove up to Rainbow Lodge, which is exit 168 off !-80 on your way to Sacramento. Apparently is was a big stagecoach rest station back in the day and has remained so since then. The lodge is old (the original) and was built with stone and wood. There is a funky big fountain near the entrance. Three stacked rings of stone with a pipe sticking out of it that shoots water. No trickle down effect here! Jordan thought they had a Sunday brunch, but no, they just had a breakfast/lunch menu. The service was poor, the food mediocre, but the setting was lovely. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. We won't be going back there anytime soon!

Monday morning I worked on lunch for the orthopedic office. Pasta Primavera for the masses. Once it was delivered to the Cafe where the employees pick it up, it was on to my second gig for the day: dinner for the SCOR MEC meeting. They chose Asian Beef Stew topped with Crunchy Spicy Salad, a recipe from Nigella Lawson on the Cooking Channel. For dessert: No-Bake Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes. They were so cute!



Tuesday I was up early-my personal chef day, but also dinner for the ROC board meeting. The board meeting folks had Cranberry Meatballs, Parmesan-Spinach Cakes, Broiled Lemon-Basil Salmon with Sesame Green Beans and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. For dessert: Mixed Berries with Grand Marnier Cream.

My personal chef client had a long list of items so I also made the same salmon dish for them for Tuesday dinner; Asian Beef and Broccoli with rice; BLT Chicken Orzo Salad;
Fetuccini with Walnuts and Parsley; Kale and Chicken Stew; Orange Teriyaki Beef Tenderloin; Chickpea Salad; Lamb Kababs with Arugula and Lemon Vinaigrette; Crispy Cabbage, Mango and Red Onion Salad; Bruschetta Chicken on Salad Greens and for dessert:
Venetian Carrot Cake-defintely not your mama's carrot cake. It is made with almond flour, rum, raisins, carrots, eggs, olive oil, salt and sugar. I then frosted it with Mascarpone frosting. Different, but really good! I'll add more pictures later.

Today, it was lunch again for the othropedic group and surprise (!) they asked for Broiled Lemon-Basil Salmon with Sesame Green Beans.



The rest of the day was a little more relaxing, lol. Tomorrow's lunch for the orthopedic group is Fettucine with Walnuts and Parsley complimented with strips of chicken. Hope they are enjoying their lunches! I've had good reports so far.

Tomorrow afternoon I fly off to San Diego. Carsley, Jordan's sister is leaving soon to go back to Baku (on the Caspian Sea-looks and sounds very romantic) so I am going to spend a few days with her. Jordan is already there at a conference. We will drive back Sunday. And then I start this routine all over again! :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment