Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday, July 13, 2012

What a week! We did not get back to Reno until Monday afternoon. Since there were things to do and people to see, we pretty much headed straight back to Reno. We went looking at apartments, since it looks like the house sale will close soon.

Tuesday was my personal chef cooking day. This week's offerings included Pork Loin with Fig and Port Sauce with Dirty Wild Rice and Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic;



Roast Lamb for One served with Pea Puree (thank you Nigella Lawson, for that one!); Heirloom Tomato and Watermelon Salad with Ricotta Salata; Italian Sesame Goat Cheese Salad; White Bean and Spinach Salad; Warm Roasted Cumin and Chickpea Salad;

Warm Crab and Haricot Vert Salad with a Light Curried Vinaigrette;



Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes; Beef and Black Bean Ho Fun--and for dessert: Espresso and Mascarpone Icebox Cake! Yum!



Wednesday I provided my first lunch for the ROC. Island Pork Tenderloin Salad. They would like to offer their employees healthy alternatives so have asked me if I would bring lunches in three days a week. They gave me menus as well as healthy recipes! I said I'd give it a try. They have their own kitchen off of their conference room, so I can cook at their clinic/ Which means, more a personal chef service than catering. Better for me! I got good reviews-what more could I ask for?

Thursday was the second day I made lunches again. This time I made Shrimp with Toasted Couscous and Orange-Genger Sauce. Some of the recipes I was given seem quite good. I will try and pass some of these on for you to try yourself. They are pretty easy!

Jordan and I decided to take an apartment at Montebello, about a mile away from our current home. They seem like nice apartments and the people seem nice. And they have a pool!! And a gym! I am not looking forward to packing, but hopefully it won't be too painful, lol.

Today I did some prep on a wedding a friend of mine is catering. She asked for my help so here I am. The menu is Fruit and Cheese Platters, Chicken Piccata, Pasta with Marinara Sauce, and Caesar Salad. Apparently there will be no cake, the bride wants cupcakes. Pretty easy, although we are not doing the cupcakes. Fine by me! The wedding is tomorrow at 5:30pm, so more prep tomorrow, then set up. The food will be served buffet style, again, much easier than plated dinners.

Life has been getting busier, good for business, but I guess I'm used to more down time. Better get used to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment