Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well, last Thursday I flew to San Diego to meet Jordan (he was at a conference there). We spent three lovely days in Escondido, CA, just north of San Diego. Jordan's sister has returned for one month from Baku. Baku for those of you who are not familiar with it, sits on the Caspian Sea and was a part of Russia for many years. She seems to really like it there as compared to Abu Dabi where she taught last year. It was nice seeing her, if only for a short while. We did manage a trip to Temecula, one of the new grape growing regions of California. We stopped at a winery called Leonesse. we had a great lunch, which we finished off with a Chocolate Almond dessert.



While in So Cal, I met with the lady who will be helping get started on a cookie business. She seems to know what she is talking about, so we'll see. Her name is Mary Carter and she started Food Trade Consultants. I found her through the CIA in Hyde Park, New York. I'll keep you posted!

We drove back Sunday as I worked as a nurse all day Monday but also had to produce lunches for the orthopedic clinic. Kinda hard to juggle all that sometimes, lol. I went shopping after I got home from So Cal, although most of the non-perishables I bought before I left. The ortho group got Bruschetta Chicken over romaine lettuce for lunch. The greens were easy. The chicken breasts get marinated for an hour or so, then baked. The topping/dressing is made up mostly of tomatoes, mixed in typical brusccheta-style. You add garlic, herbs, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Tasty! I had my sister, Janell, deliver it so I could work. Once I finished work as a nurse, I headed over to Trader Joe's to shop for my personal chef client, then home.

This morning Jordan and I went over to see our new apartment. Apparently the house sale did go through, so now we start the tedious task of packing up and deciding what to take and what not to take....

The afternoon I spent cooking for my personal chef client. This week's offerings are: New York Strip with Madeira Pan Sauce, Smashed Potatoes and Cream Cheese, and Roasted Asparagus;


Aida's Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad;


Apple Coleslaw; Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Garlic and White Beans; Arugula Salad with Shrimp, Corn, Cherry Tomatoes and Red Chile;


Beef Taco Salad with Chunky Tomato Dressing;


Butter Lettuce, Chicken and Cherry Salad; Chile Lime Crab Salad with Tomato and Avocado; Couscous Salad with Chickpeas, Dates and Cinnamon and for Dessert--Quick and Easy Chocolate Mousse.

The mousse really is quite easy: whipping cream, cream cheese, a little sugar. butter and dark chocolate. YUM! I found the recipe on the Pier 1 Import's website for entertaining. Never know where you'll find inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment