Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's been a while since I wrote-sorry about that. Life has "gotten complicated" as Jordan says.

Monday I went shopping for my personal chef client and made two desserts (sorry again, I'll have to come back and add pictures when I get home). The desserts were for Icebox Lemon Bars



and Apricot Strawberry Crumble. Both turned out well and both make nice summer desserts. I think I will add these to my blog side list of recipes.

Jordan left for San Diego early Tuesday morning. And by early, I mean 2am! Way too early for me! He's semi-retired now. His last day at the Nevada Bureau was Friday. Friday was also his last day working with Boise State and DOE-Department of Energy. Boise is taking the project in another direction. Hopefully it will still get done, otherwise they have wasted tax payer dollars the last two years (can you tell this is a pet peeve for me, lol?).

Tuesday was my usual personal chef day, but I also worked as a nurse in the morning as they were short handed. And had lunch with Ric when he wouldn't take no for an answer, lol. He did give me a lead on some extra catering work for Arlington Gardens so maybe it's a good thing he wouldn't take no for an answer. Apparently this lunchtime restaurant run by the Junior League wants to do more cTering plus add "Murder Mystery Dinners" to their repertoire. As I've said before, we'll see what happens.

Tuesday's dinner selections were Farmer's Market Pappardelle (lots of veggies);



Butter Lettuce, Chicken, and Cherry Salad; Carrot, Raisin and Pine Nut Salad; Fusilli with Shrimp, Orange, and Arugula; Lettuce-Wrapped Halibut with Dill Cream Sauce, Sauteed Radishes and Peas;



Ratatouille Tart with Carmelized Onion-Tomato Jam; and Asian Slaw with Pork Tenderloin. Plus the two desserts. A very busy day! I'll come back and add pictures.

Wednesday was a catch-up day, packing and errands. Thursday I worked all day at GI Consultants-another busy day there. I came home after work, finished packing, took Ah Choo (my ragdoll cat) to my sister's house, then tracked down a new prescription I'm suppose to take. Then off to the airport to fly to San Diego to join Jordan.

We stayed in Escondido, CA, which is just north and east of San Diego. It's very pretty, thoug the entire area is quite congested (= lots of people). He owns a house in Champagne Village (started by Lawrence Welk, back in the day). Everyone wanted to know when we were moving down there, lol. It's pretty obvious his sister wants the house, as a place for her to retire, so don't think we'll be moving there, but you never know. Never say never! His sister couldn't find work in the States after she got laid off, so she currently works at an English school in Baku (on the Caspian Sea-sounds so exotic, doesn't it?). She loves it there and would like to work there for five years before retiring back to the States. Lots to work out there, between Carsley and Jordan.

Saturday (yesterday), we drove up to see my sister and brother-in-law who live in Granada Hills. It's Dylan's birthday today, so we took the whole family to Red Robin-Dylan's favorite restaurant. He loves Mac'n'Cheese, and kids get bottomless Mac'n'Cheese there! Jordan and I stopped and got a birthday cake-vanilla, his favorite. Had I been living here, I would have made it, but he was happy with the store bought cake that said happy birthday Dylan. If he's happy, then I'm happy. :-)

After dinner, Jordan and I continued up the coast to Ventura and stayed at the Piermont Inn. It's been around for almost 100 years and is a historical landmark in this area. It is on the highway, but essentially right across from the beach and hence, right on the ocean (Pacific). We had just missed a wedding that took place here but the bridal party was still partying by the time we arrived. It sounded like they were all having quite a bit of fun. I took pictures of the inn, which I will add later. It is quite pretty here.





Today will be a lazy drive up the coast to San Luis Obispo, where we will stay tonight. We'll be back in Reno Monday afternoon. Lots to do! We sold the house, so we will be moving in the next month or so. I start cooking lunches for the ROC office Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. I hope I can do more than break even, cause the ROC employees don't want to pay much!

I need to bake four batches of cookies to send back down to Southern California so they can be tested, etc, for what I hope, is a profitable new cookie business. I still have my personal chef client to cook for and then try to pick up as many days as I can at GIC. Sounds like a busy next few weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment