Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A busy week here in Reno. Over the weekend I had an order for Cappuccino Mousse in Chocolate Cups as well as mini-Lemon Meringue Pies. Yum!



Our Memorial Day was quiet. I did go shopping, along with my sister, for my personal chef client. I made the dessert of the week-Benne Brown Butter Apple Cake. Benne seeds are another name for sesame seeds. Benne are what southern slaves from Africa used to call sesame seeds, and the name stuck-at least in the south. One dozen egg yolks, 3 sticks of butter, a little vanilla, sugar, flour and salt later, I had a cake. Although I ended up baking it for twice the length of time the recipe said because the center of the cake was so "jiggly".


We did BBQ (after Jordan got the propane tank refilled, that is) blue cheese hamburgers. They turned out well-just a little pink. Steamed baby potatoes and broccoli completed the meal.

Tuesday I started a new job at one of the GI groups. I'll be working per diem in pre-op and post-op. Everyone seems very nice, so it should be fun!

After my orientation, I went home, changed clothes, packed up my "stuff" and went to my client's house to cook. Yesterday's offerings were Crab Louie Salad,


Slow Cooked Lamb Shank, which will be served with Baked Provencal Tomatoes,


Chickpeas sauteed with Arugula and Sherry,


Pasta Puttanesca,


Chicken Marsala served over Pasta,


Sausage, Spinach and Ricotta stuffed Canneloni (hand made canneloni, thank you very much, lol!)


and Roasted Honey Pear Salad with Blue Cheese and Hazelnuts.


A very LONG day! I was definitely in bed early last night. Today was filled with errands. But tonight-we are going to Fine Vines for a "Titanic dinner". The owner of Fine Vines, Tom, said a friend of his found an old book with all the food menus, food supply lists, etc from the Titanic. It sounds like a great read. At any rate, when Tom's chef found out about the book, she decided to do a menu out of the book for one of the dinners Fine Vines offers once a month. Very cool! I'll let you know what we had and how dinner turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment