Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another week gone by. Where does the time go?!

Last week (in the middle of trying to show our house to realtors), I helped my friend Mickie with the food for a charity auction for her church, Unity Unitarian. Lots of work! They were expecting about 150 people and we made 13 different items which meant at least 150 of each item. Whew! There was Sesame marinated chicken skewers, Beef meatballs in a tomato sauce, Turkey meatballs in a cranberry sauce, Curried Veggie Rolls, Cucumber slices topped with hummus and red peppers, crostini with black bean puree, Devilled eggs, Asparagus wrapped with prosciutto, roasted red peppers and roasted asparagus for the begans, artichoke dip, a cheese plate, Pineapple empanadas, chocolate ganache in phyllo cups, lemon curd in phyllo cups, and coconut macaroons. Is that more than 13 things. Seems like it is, lol. We had a few hitches (the BBQ grill had a hornets nest in it and once we got rid of that, we still had difficulty getting it to stay lit!) but all in all, it seemed to go well. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. My sister and Diane helped out again. Great to have good help!

It was a quiet weekend mostly, although Sunday was the only day we didn't show the house.

Monday I had a catering job providing dinner for the SCOR partnership meeting. I don't know if it's good or bad that cooking for ten people is no big deal, lol. I served up Chipotle Maple Glazed Pork Chops, Double Potato Mash, a mixed green salad with walnuts, blue cheese and a White Balsamic Pear vinaigrette and for dessert, Little Lemon Meringue Pies. I did not serve any bread this time since everyone seems to be watching their weight. No feedback yet on how things went.....

Today was my usual personal chef job. I had iPhone problems last weekend, so lost the pictures I took of last week's meals and I only got a couple of pictures today. Guess I'll need to get back into taking food pictures! Today I made Prawns in Green Curry, "Beige-Ette" Au Veau (a french veal stew), Couscous with Chickpeas, Fennel and Citrus, Shrimp and Zucchini Skewers, BLT Steak Salad, Romaine Salad with Chicken and Chipotle vinaigrette, Herbed Rack of Lamb with a Pinot Nois sauce, Mashed potatoes, and Green Beans with Tomatoes and carmelized garlic. Oh, and a Cabbage and Mango Salad with a rice wine vinaigrette. Lots of food! My only dessert so far this week was Zabaglione with strawberries-quite tasty!

And now, I'm just plain tired, so I guess bed is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment