Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello, everyone! I am back in Reno, trying to get some rest (although I still need to buy a light weight suitcase for my Europe trip AND pack!), unpack, etc. I ended up having to ship 7 boxes to myself to get everything back to Reno. My car was still packed full dispite all those shipped boxes!

Jordan and I left Denver Tuesday morning and took I-70 west to go back to Reno. The Aspens were changing so the gold color intersperced with green was spectacular! We went thru Glenwood Springs, Aspen and other places I had only heard of before but never seen. The mountains were beautiful and we drove over the Great Divide-not sure that's what you call it, but it sort of divides the US in two. We took I-70 to US 50/6 and took that up to Salt Lake City and stayed the night at the University (of Utah) Guest House. Nice facility. Wednesday morning, Jordan flew to Boise, ID for a conference and I continued on to Reno, taking I-80 all the way. It is amazing to see the changing landscapes between each state. All in all, the trip went very well and it is good to be home, at least for a few days.

Carl's Restoration Party went well-only about 50-60 people showed up, not the 100+ he was expecting (because of RSVPs). Everyone had a good time and everybody thought our food was the best! Many of them came into the kitchen to thank us, which I thought was very nice. We had Chorizo Rolls, Baked Italian Omelets, Mexican Strata, Flammekuchen, Greek Quiche and Quiche Lorraine, Rice-Sausage Torta, Sausage muffins, brownies, bread pudding, Mexican Wedding cookies, Cranberry White Chocolate cookies and Sun Moon Cookies (orange flavored cookies dipped in Chocolate). Cris and Paula from my class came and helped out with all the cooking and setting up. I'm gonna miss Carl and Bailey!

It is nice being home and cooking and baking in my own kitchen. The cat, Ah Choo, seems happy I'm home, as does Jordan! I will update recipes while I am home, putting some new ones up. I will also update this blog while I am in Italy and France so you all will know what I and my classmates are up to. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment