Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well, folks, I bought a scooter! A red 2009 Geniune Buddy 50cc. It gets 90-125 miles to the gallon (!!). I plan on using it to get to and from school and to run around town. You cannot take them out on the highway, which is fine with me. I think it will be a nice alternative the the bus.

Today was laundry day. Then I made "More Than Chocolate Chip Cookies". In addition to chocolate chips they have dried cranberries and chocolate nibs. Very nice, crunchy cookies. They are already half gone! I also mixed up Banana Pecan Crunch Bread Pudding to be baked for breakfast in the morning. Sounded yummy!

Otherwise it was a lazy day. I did however, decide to make dinner for myself. I always forget about needing to cook and/or make some kind of arrangements for food as school doesn't feed me on the weekends. Carl feeds me breakfast (what a nice man!) but the rest of the day is on my own. I took the scooter to Whole Foods and bought pasta, cherry tomatoes, a small boule (do you remember what a boule is? A small round loaf of bread) of French bread, Parmesan cheese, pesto sauce and a very small container of chocolate mousse (chocolate does not cure everything, but it is a start. lol). I had leftover filet mignon from school so sliced that thinly and put it on the papparadelle pasta I bought. I blanched the tomatoes in the pasta water then dressed the pasta with a little butter, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and pesto. Not bad!

Tomorrow, we begin to learn about Italy. Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment