Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

We slept in this morning, then got up and had a nice B&B breakfast-Baked Italian Omelet. Jordan spent the morning working on his presentation for his Monday meeting at the airport and I got caught up on laundry and finances.

Then we walked over to Charlie Brown's for lunch, which is at 10th and Grant, a few blocks from the B&B. From there, we went to the Denver Art Museum and saw the King Tut exhibit. We saw a 3D moving about the Pharoahs, embalming methods, their religion and their role in Biblical times (Moses). It was really cool! Everyone got 3D glasses for the movie. Afterwards, we walked thru the Tut exhibit, which is narrated by Harrison Ford for the most part. The museum has the entire burial chamber recreated in the museum (save for the actual mummie of Tut). Such intrigue went on during that time!

When we got back to the house, there was no electricity!! One of the breakers for the city had gone out (I heard there was a lightening strike, but I am not 100% sure.). We stayed for a little while and talked to several of the guests, explained what was going on, helped a woman order Chinese take-out (I-phones can come in handy). Then walked to The Avenue Grill and had dinner. After we got there one of my classmates, Cris saw us and sent over a glass of red wine for each of us. The "catch" the waiter said, was that I had to come up with the varietal and region. it wasn't that easy-good thing that I am not interested in becoming a sommelier! Jordan met Cris and I met some of Cris's friends that were there for the rodeo. Cris laughed at me for not being able to guess what the varietal was-at leaast I knew what it wasn't, lol.

When we got back to the B&B, the power was back on, so here I am catching up on my blog while Jordan finishes his presentation. Time for bed though now that I am caught up.........

No comments:

Post a Comment