Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yesterday was my cooking day in the midst of orienting to my new job at GI Consultants (back to a little nursing). There was lots of cooking to do. My Dacqouise was done Sunday so I took that over to my client's home along with all my cooking supplies and groceries.

This week's offerings are Slow cooked Lamb with Pistachio-Honey Dressing, Couscous with Apricots and Toasted Cumin, Easy Ratatouille,






Creole Chicken, Thai Pork and Noodles, Grilled Pork Steak with Peaches and Herb Puree,



Green Giant Soup (yes it is packed with veggies), Tomato and tasil Tarte Tatin (baked in an 8 inch frying pan, then flipped out onto a plate)





and the birthday dinner: Beef Tenderloin with Port Sauce, Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes and Roasted Tomatoes on the vine.



And for dessert? Le Cote Basque Dacquoise! Look at those layers!



Should be good eating this week!

I do feel like I have improved quite a bit over the last year. My meringue is better, after my chocolate class, my ganache is better and although some things are still a challenge, they are not as trying as they used to be. That's a good feeling, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment