Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday, May 27, 2013

Well....here I am in not so sunning Dwight, IL for my neice's wedding. I'll try to take some pictures along the way so you can see all the baking and cooking over the next week. The wedding is on Saturday, June 1 and I am here to cater the wedding (my gift to my neice, Bekah-short for Rebekah). She is my brother's middle daughter. How he ended up with such sweet girls, I don't know, lol!

It seems slated to be rainy most of the week, but am praying it clears at least for the wedding! Bekah will be married inside a church but the reception will be in the barn at my brother's house. They are setting up games for all the kids attending but that won't turn out too well if it's raining!!

I met Bekah's fiancee last night. His name is Micah. He is such a nice guy and I think he will be perfect for Bekah! He and his brother have pitched in to help with wedding preparations. The barn had to be cleaned out, cleaned up and patches of it repaired or repainted in order to be presentable. My brother considered a big tent, but last month, there was a wedding very near Dwight and the tent used for that wedding was blown over by strong winds. Over 200 people were injured! No fatalities, but still.....not a happy wedding day memory.

Even as I get ready to get some sleep, my brother, Dan, my sister-in-law Cindy and two of their daughters, plus Micah, are still working to get the garage kitchen set up. Weddings are an awful lot of work and very stressful!

My sister, Corie, and I went shopping for all the supplies I need to make desserts for the wedding. Corie thought I should just buy some frozen desserts and not work so hard, but I told her no. My reputation is on the line here! And why come all this way if I am only going to make all pre-made food? No thanks. Cooking for 250 people seems a little daunting, but you just take one step at a time to make it through.

So...tomorrow the baking starts in earnest and I will try to keep you posted AND include pictures. What an adventure, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment