Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday, February 8, 2013

Wednesday night dinner was Seared Beef Filet with a Marsala Pan Sauce, mashed potatoes (Have I told you how much I LOVE mashed potatoes?) and Garlicky Sauteed Spinach. Lovely, such a nice cut of beef (although we did find some grissle inside once the meat was cut into that was not apparent with the meat in one piece). Dessert was a repeat of Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate-it's own food category!

Thursday, the 7th, was a very relazing day. Sunny, 80. I did funish my online Nutrition class in the morning. Lunch was Serrano ham wrapped pear slices served with Manchego cheese and crackers. One of the easiest meals to make as well as one of the tastiest!

After lunch I was scheduled for a massage! Yeah!! They were running a little late, but I stood on the walk, looking at the ocean and talking to the spa manager. I have to say, the massage therapist was excellent. I walked back to the condo (right next door to the outside area used for massage), apparently looking quite relazed and peaceful, I am told, lol!

We went out to dinner at Merriman's at Kapalua. We had a front row seat for the sunset. A girl can't ask for much more! I had a great time, dinner was great-a kale and butter lettuce salad, fresh fish with mixed grains and veggies and a Chocolate "Purse" (creamy chocolate wraped in several layers of phyllo) for dessert. Merriman's is one of the best restaurants on Maui, I have got to say. And what a view!

Breakfast this morning (Friday, February 8) was at the Westin in Ka'anapali. I did not get a picture of it, but the pool there looks straight out of Disneyland or Pirates of the Carribean. Waterfalls, two pools, palm tress galore, you get the picture! This was the view in the other direction. Not to shabby. We all had Eggs Benedict, which the hotel did a good job on (good Holladaise sauce). And Starbucks coffee (have I told you Starbucks is my favorite coffee, lol?).

The Westin is close to Whaler's Village, a big shopping center. They have a Crocs store there I wanted to check out. I need new shoes for work and Crocs are really comfortable for all day wear. I found some cute black Crocs with a band of gray/silver flowers over the instep. Cute! And even better? My boss bought them for me!! What a nice gesture!!

As we were all still full from breakfast, I spent lunch poolside. Today is my last full day on Maui......most sad, although I miss Jordan and Ah Choo. It has been so peaceful here. And I've been able to do one of the things love best: cooking! How cool is that?

I sat out on the lanai'i for a while, looking at the ocean, listening to the surf. So peaceful. The last meal I'll make here is Shrimp Scampi served over pasta and an Arugula Salad. Good stuff, Maynard!




No comments:

Post a Comment