Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's been a busy two weeks, working mostly in my nursing position.

I did have two catering jobs during this period. The first job was for the surgery center I mentioned earlier. The menu was New York Strip Toast with a Maidera Pan Sauce and as sides, Duchess Potatoes and Garlicky Green Beans.

Dessert was an Apple Cranberry Galette. Yummy!

The second catering job was for an office Christmas party that took place yesterday. Finger food for 25! The menu included Wild Mushroom Pizza,

Mini-Shrimp Rolls,

Mini Manchego Tarts, Gorgonzola and Pear Polenta Rounds,

Keilbasa-Apple Skewers with a Horseradish Dipping Sauce,
Chile-Lime Cashews, Spiced Roasted Chickpeas, and Caramelized Onion and Shallot Dip served with Crudites. For a sweet, I also made Tuxedo Brownie Bites. Those are mini borwnies topped with a mix of whipped cream, white chocolate and cream chees and topped with a strawberry slice. Another yum! They provided their own wine and beer. The recipes were from Bon Appetit and www.foodnetwork.com. Lots of choices for this time of year.

My Mom is doing well, although is not happy about being in rehab/nursing home. It seems it is a "no-frills" place so is a little depressing. Hopefully my sisters will be able to take her home in a week.

As I have the next three days off, I've been thinking of baking cookies. That's one of the things that make up Christmas and getting in the spirit. Not sure exactly whick ones I'll bake-so many cookies, so little time! I'll let you know which ones I bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment