Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day, September 3, 2012

I'm finally back! In looking at my past writings, I was surprised to see it has been almost a month since I last blogged. August was filled with packing up one house and organizing a new rental house. For a week, Jordan and I were vagabonds (at least it felt that way). We had a week in limbo after our house sold and we could get into our new house (I was going to say home, but it doesn't feel that way yet). During that limbo week we stayed two nights in a hotel, two nights with friends and two nights with my sister. It was complicated by Jordan needing to travel to So Cal over a long weekend, which extended the date the furniture and boxes were to be delivered.

But we are finally in our new house, slowly unpacking. The furniture is mostly placed, but I always feel it takes some time to get the "feel" of house before you come to realize how everything works together (or not). During this entire process, Ah Choo (our cat) stayed with my sister, Janell. When we brought him back on Saturday, he cried (meowed rather) for 15 minutes and wouldn't come out of his carrier. Poor thing. He knew that he was not "his house". He did, however, eventually come out and explore, although he did not wander far from my side (no wonder they call ragdoll cats, "puppy cats"--they follow you everywhere and sit at your feet).



In the midst of all this chaos, I still managed to work 3-4 days a week as a nurse and at my personal chef job and did a little catering. I must say though, I am happy to see the end of August!

I tried my hand at Chocolate Pots de Creme-it turned out well. And I even had the appropriate little pot to bake it in thanks to my client!



I will spend this week working three days at my nursing job and one or two afternoons doing personal chef work. But the big event this week is the Farm to Table dinner my friend Jan and I are putting on. She and her husband own The Old 1862 Ranch north of the city of Reno. They are the hosts, I am the "Executive chef" (such a fancy sounding title, lol). You can check it out at www.theold1862ranch.com and see the menu as well as pictures of the ranch. I'll be sure to blog afterwards so you can see some of the dishes we make and let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment