Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunday, May 30, 2010

We were out of Salt Lake City by 9:30am. Utah was very pretty-very green. Once in Wyoming, we stopped for a late breakfast at the Dunmar Inn. It was owned by a retired FBI agent and the menu reflects this-The G-Man Special (ham and eggs) and The Witness (corned beef hash and eggs). Then we were on the road again. I forgot how flat Wyoming is, not much in the way of beautiful scenery. It wasn't until we got outside Laramie that we saw any trees!
We made Denver by about 7pm, unloaded the car (did I say we drove a Mazda Miata 1100 miles to get here?) and went to dinner at Le Central, An Affordable French Restaurant (so many choices, so little room in the stomach). I am staying at a bed and breakfast while I am here in Denver. Jordan and I had stayed here a month or so ago when I was apartment shopping and Carl, the owner, offered me a room in what he calls the "dungeon". The B&B is in the Capitol Hill district and looks like a castle! Jordan and I walked to the restaurant and checked out all the buildings along the way. This area must have been quite "chi-chi" in it's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment