Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday, May 31, 2010: Memorial Day

We woke up early this morning. I could hear Carl moving walking around the kitchen. Carl is originally from Texas and wears cowboy boots, jeans and a cowboy hat most of the time. After a wake up shower, I went upstairs to see if Carl needed any help. That is part of my "deal" with Carl. Provided school does not take up too much of my time, I will cook breakfast once a week. So not only do I get to stay in a historic home (I prefer castle, lol), but I will get some experience cooking for the general public. This will also be a great place to meet people! There is an extended family staying here that came for a wedding this weekend. It is apparent that they know Carl and his daughter, Bailey, and have stayed here before. They left this morning to go back home. There is an English gentleman who is here visiting his son. His son works for the city of Denver. Robert, the Englishman, is now a US citizen, retired and living in Rhode Island. There are two other couples here also, quiet and keeping to themselves. Both Carl and Bailey are friendly and talkative and seem to get to know their guests during their stay. I am looking forward to this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well so far. Keep it up! -Andy

    ReplyDelete