Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's been a long three months! I'm back now, though!

Let's see.....I no longer work evenings at Gas Lamp restaurant, although I still make desserts for them. I enjoy that. I make Creme Brûlée, Bourbon Pecan Tart and New Work-Style Cheesecake. All yummy! (Guess I had to say that, didn't I, lol).

I am working about 2 days a week at GI Consultants as a nurse.

I launched a new service for my business, April Cooks Tonight Personal Chef Service, which I call Prix Fixe Dinners. They are fixed price entrees available to people who don't want to spend the money for full-on personal chef service, but still want an alternative to expensive restaurants and fast food. Delicious chef-made meals delivered to your door! (If you live in the Reno-Tahoe area, that is, lol) I have brochures and a new Facebook page for my business (www.facebook.com/aprilcookstonightpersonalchefservice). Check it out and let me know what you think of it. I'd appreciate the feedback!

I also have an online store at prixfixe.aprilcookstonight.com. I post the week's menu on both my website and on the online store. Complete with pictures!

I started working with a business coach named Heather Dominick. It's group coaching, which saves me a little money while still getting the help I need to grow my business. Working on positive energy, homework Heather hands out and reading, lots of reading!

I've been doing a little more catering and have been asked to make a wedding cake in September. It's a simple cake with no frostings on the side, just between the layers. I was also asked to cater a small wedding for 30 in September (I sense a theme here, lol). Growing slowly....

I'd like to focus more on food on my blog, including recipes and food wisdom. A little change for me. This blog has been a journey of my change from nursing to food and while the journey continues, life changes and so do we.

So look for more entries in the future. Write me if you have suggestions or helpful hints, otherwise I'll see you around. And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment