Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I woke up to a sunny day, after all that rain! I can certainly understand why they call Hawaii, the paradise state.
We walked up the road along the coastline in Ka'anapoli. After all the clouds and rain, it seemed down right hot!

I guess I did not cover meals from yesterday (Wednesday) and after all, I am here to cook! We did need to go back to the grocery store-we (me, I guess, lol) forgot a couple of things.


Lunch yesterday was Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders with Mango Salad. The dressing was Buttermilk-Chive. Really a nice, easy salad. We were talking about what a great salad this would be for Gas Lamp.

After lunch, there was some down-time. Time for reading, looking for new health insurance, figuring out some menus for a luncheon for my sister and going over menu items for a bride. The wedding is in June, on the 21st so there is a little time. She is getting married at The River School, which is pretty much an outdoor venue. We'll see if that works out.


For dinner, I used leftover scallops from dinner the night I arrived. Last day to do something with them. I put them in pasta with brown butter and peas. The sauce that came with the scallops had bacon in it (what's not to like about bacon?) as well as a few other things and really enhanced my new sauce. Yummy! Dessert was mini-Classic Cheesecake. Just enough of a dessert! I baked the cheesecakes in a muffin tin, which let me keep the size small.

Lunch today was Crab Salad Melts.


Lump crabmeat, mayonaisse, lemon juice, diced celery, diced red pepper, thinly sliced scallions, thinly sliced asparagus and the secret flavoring-Old Bay. I spread the crab salad on a toasted English muffin then topped it with gruyere cheese and placed them under the broiler. Even I was impressed, lol. Is it bad to say that about your own cooking? Ah, well.

A little time at the pool this afternoon to top off the afternoon. It will soon be time to start tonight's dinner: Seared Filet Mignon with a Red Wine Pan Sauce, Roasted Balsamic Potato Wedges and Roasted Carrots and Parsnips. Pretty straight forward. For dessert tonight, Individual Microwave Chocolate Cake. I made them last year, and for what they are, they are pretty good. Chocolate DOES make everything better!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from last night's sunset. Apparently since there are no clouds today, the sunset is not going to be as nice as last night. Here you go……

No comments:

Post a Comment