Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013

What a lovely day it is today! And you might very well ask what I am doing inside if it is such a nice day, lol. Well, I was outside doing some yardwork-very much needed cleaning of the flower beds and some rose bush pruning. After all that hard work, I made a cup of my new favorite tea (matcha tea from Japan at www.hibiki-an.com/. It comes as a green powder, which you then mixed with boiling water and whisk until foamy. I actually make a matcha latte using steaming hot rice milk (although you could any type of milk you wanted to). I guess the Japanese are right when they talk about how calming it is to make and drink tea, an act that should not be rushed.

I have errands to run also, but have decided to write a little while I have the time. I was offered (and accepted) a part time nursing job at the same company I have been working per diem for. It is a great opportunity and relieves some of the financial worries I have had over the past year. With the present economy (which does not seem to be improving very quickly despite what they tell us), it is wise to have a back-up plan.

Jordan and I also got together yesterday with our business partners, Jan and Jim to discuss this year's Farm To Table event. We all feel we get better and better each year, but I have decided to "step things up" by offering not only appetizers (and we already have ideas for our signature cocktail!), an entree and dessert. We will offer appetizers, a salad course (or soup, undecided right now), main course, a cheese and fruit course and this year, a single dessert. Although I put up four dessert recipes, Jan has already decided she wants the Mascarpone Cheesecake with a cashew crust and Passion Fruit Caramel Sauce. I must admit, the cheesecake is an excellent choice! We will be trying all the recipes before we come up with a final menu, but that's the great part of "research", lol, getting to taste the results!

Tomorrow is St Patrick's Day or the wearing of the green. I think we will be going out for corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes. It's a meal I can eat about once a year, but am not sure I want lots of leftovers, especially when making food for only two people. Also, friend of mine (Melanie) is singing with her band tomorrow at a restaurant called Rapscallian's. I can't wait to see her perform. Melanie is a jazz singer so this should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment